The CHEF Li's Mouth Numbing Chicken in Chilli Sauce
| || |
- 1000 g Chicken
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Chinese Shao Xing Wine
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Chin Kiang Vinegar (Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Chilli and Sichuan pepper oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped peanuts
- Marinate the chicken with salt for about 15 minute
- Prepare a pot of cold water, and put the whole chicken in. The water needs to cover the chicken surface, add salt, Chinese ShaoXing wine, spring onion and ginger with the water.
- Cover with the pot with the lid then turn the heat up on a high setting, clearing any foam from the water occasionally.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to a middle heat setting for 5-7 minutes then turn off the heat. Do not remove the lid for a further 10 minutes, the remaining steam inside the pot will continue to cook the chicken creating maximum tenderness.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and soak into ice water for 10 -15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the ice water and leave to dry or pat dry with a cloth and then cut into strips removing any bones.
Recipe provided by Nee Hao